A lot of extra effort has to be taken while taking care of premature babies. Taking care of premature babies takes a lot of effort, since the babies need very careful handling. Also, the parent should keep in mind that the baby might not grow as fast as other full nine month babies. However, this is not an issue to worry since after some time your baby will also catch up in everything if he gets proper attention and care during the first stages.
The following are some of the important baby care tips:
· Baby care tips for nutrition and feeding: Babies mostly vomit after feeding but one should not worry about it. For proper growth and heath the baby should be fed at least 8 times during the day.
· Baby care tips for giving the baby solid food: Premature babies have immature digestive system thus, they do not have totally developed swallowing ability. Thus, one can start giving the baby solid food after six months form the baby’s due date. Remember that it is six months after due date and not six months after the baby was born. It takes time to develop a proper digestive system.
· Baby care tips for baby’s sleeping habits: You should always put the baby to sleep on his back and never on his front or stomach to avoid death of the baby by means like SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), which is highly associated the babies who are premature. One should know that the babies spend most of their time sleeping, but only for short intervals. Sleeping helps them to grow faster.
· Baby care tips for vision and hearing: According to the experts, most of the premature babies are cross eyed, but there is no need to worry because once they grow up, they eventually gain control over the muscles and become normal. Therefore, get your babies eyes frequently checked by the physician for this ailment.
· Baby care tipsfor immunization: Immunization of the baby is very import especially in the case of premature babies, because they have poorly developed immune systems. The babies should always be secured. Give the baby all his vaccinations on time according to the advice of your baby’s pediatrician. The doctor is the best adviser in the case of vaccination.
There are a lot of things that a parents needs to take care about when the baby is premature. You should always take an extra effort to keep the baby healthy and to cope with the babies needs and it becomes easy if u follow all the baby care tips.
The author is an experienced writer, right now he is writing for insurance site and at present, he is writing on different topics like: Birth plan, newborn, new born baby, newborn babies, newborn care, childbirth, breast feeding, breast feeding diet, breast feeding problems, etc.